Each applicant must include a 500-1000 word essay. Applicants may choose from the following topics:
1. What is your experience with Buddhism? How can you apply it to your everyday life?
2. Why do you think Buddhism is spreading in the West?
3. Which Buddhist traditions, communities, schools are you aware of? What do you know about them? Please elaborate on the subject.
4. In your opinion, can Buddhism be applied to solve social or environmental issues? If yes, please explain why and how.
5. How do you think Dharma or meditation would help you in your personal life and relationships?
All applicants must complete an on-line interview. The interview will be conducted on Skype, so applicants must have a Skype account, a functional microphone and a video camera of, at least, medium resolution. This interview is important for the EBTC to verify that the applicant can communicate in English, is the actual author of the Entrance Essay, and whether the applicant is suitable for the program. Interviews can also be conducted in person, in case the applicant is able to come to the school.